Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Freshman

Actually, my status is that of a Sophomore. Over 64 credits, and not an associate's degree to my name. Ah, well...

Today marked the end of my first full week of class (I have a Saturday math class) and I'm overwhelmed. I have an excuse, though. You see, I haven't attended school in nearly 20 years!

I am the same age or perhaps a squeak older than my professors. Knowing this I thought I would feel out of place among the other students. I'm doing fairly well in that arena. There is at least one other student in one of my four classes who is roughly my age or perhaps a squeak younger.

Regarding the more traditional students, I'm getting used to the pink, blue, and purple hair. Also, the tattoos are becoming less jarring to me. It's the piercings I'm having trouble with. I see the posts, and pegs, and the round things, and the big, gaping holes in ears and all I can do is force myself to stop thinking: What is pierced underneath their clothing?

So, that's the reason I haven't posted anything lately: it's life interrupted by college. If nothing else, I should develop better upper body strength from toting my books around!

Good night and sweet dreams, my friends,

The Ever Studious Flitter

No comments:

Post a Comment